We are a competitive club, and Clash members are expected to attend several of the tournaments offered each season. If you apply for membership, we expect you to compete. Clash competes in debate tournaments that are part of STOA, a competitive forensics league established “to inform, encourage and equip members of Christian homeschool speech and debate.” (www.stoausa.org)
· $50 yearly membership fee required, payable online to STOA.
· Most tournaments require travel, housing & meal expenses, registration fees, and 1-5 days away from home.
· Most tournaments require overnight hotel accommodations. Many offer host housing as an option to reduce expenses.
· Professional business attire is required for all competitors. (i.e., a suit)
· A parent is required to attend and judge at tournaments with their debater. Training is provided.
· Non-competing siblings are welcome to attend tournaments and often do!
· Debaters who rank in the top 40% at 2 tournaments will be invited to the STOA National Invitational Tournament of Champions (NITOC).